#7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-24, 10:58

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I agree. But it would seem, with the naturally thin being food-indifferent, that the new weight loss drugs can mimic that natural variation, only more so.

Yes, I believe that's exactly the purpose of the new weight loss drugs.

Just like how it was a revelation to Oprah that she finally "got it" when she started the drugs "You weren't even thinking about the food".

From what I've observed with the naturally thin, the need to eat is almost an inconvenience to them. They have better things to do with their time, even if it's just watching TV.

It's not as if they don't ever have a craving for a certain food (or even junk food), but when they do, a very small amount of it is sufficient to satisfy their craving, and then they probably won't want it again for a year or two - and there will probably not be any other cravings during that time frame either. Just the inconvenience of needing to eat a little something once or twice a day as a social obligation, or so that they don't waste away.

This story - I couldn't believe it when a naturally thin friend told me what had happened. Her DH had taken her to one of the many huge smorgasboards in this area. He of course filled up plate after plate to eat. She wandered around the entire smorgasboard (hundreds of items available, all freshly prepared - nearly 50 items on the salad bar alone, and there's hundreds of other items available of every type - baked goods, vegetable dishes, fruit dishes, meats, desserts, there's even a custom made omelet bar) and didn't see a single thing that appealed to her. Nothing at all. She went back to their table with an empty plate. (To the credit of this smorgasboard, they ended up not charging her since she didn't eat anything that day)

It was a long time ago she'd told me about that incident - I can't recall if she eventually got hungry that day or not. But she just wasn't thinking about food because if you were at all hungry and faced with that many choices available for the taking, you'd find SOMETHING that would at least ease the hunger pangs.