#9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-24, 14:56

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
but the much larger portion of the population listens to medical professionals, and in the U.S., hears the continual drumbeat of prescription ads where people are portrayed as happily dancing their ways to better health in a world where drugs seem to enable people to eat anything their hearts desire.

And it might be as simple as that. That larger portion want to believe the marketing, even though they should know better. But there needs to be an alternative, like the way a medical obesity approach is drugs and surgery, and yet people do lose weight by themselves, without those risks.

We don't even need medical permission to eat meat and eggs, do we? It needs to be a choice, not a demonized repudiation of actual science.

And this is where medical training has drifted to, as a game of Suppress the Symptom and then Suppress the Side Effects goes on. When I'm increasingly certain that, most of the time, it shouldn't.

People are finding that out and getting righteously indignant. Here's an amusing story I see repeated in the low carb/healing community:

Quote:
I was overweight and at the doctor for diabetes/repeated infections/digestive/heart issues, and not a word was said about what I was eating. Then I show up having lost XX pounds with better BP and lowered AIC and tell them what I'm eating.

They frown and say, "I'm worried about your diet."