#13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-13-23, 05:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
This part, at least I can say for the most part**, Wegovy friend is not eating UPF. It's still carbs, but at least it's whole grains fresh fruits, and vegetables, even if some of those "vegetables" are potatoes and corn.

(**Except when the wegovy makes this person really, really sick - then it's saltines, applesauce, and toast to try to calm the stomach)

That helps, and it sounds like she's trying to get her protein in. But the way the drugs work, she needs it more than ever.

My own theory, now that I know UPF-4 makes the appetite center in the brain actually GROW, is that it's really another form of carb craving. It slows down the stomach and so it does send a signal to the brain to stop being hungry.

Now THAT is a big deal, and I sympathize with the people who talk about the relief from hunger, which I know very well. I was one of those people who should have stuck with Induction while I got better metabolically. Carnivore gave me the freedom to go very low, and for me, that's when the autoimmune magic happened. The weight loss down to what I feel healthiest at came along for the ride -- naturally.

That's what I worry all these folks are missing. JEY's success with Marty's system is the most exciting part of this, because this is a real, drug free, and lasting way towards health success, not even weight loss, and it's about finding out what works the best for each individual.

Then, weight loss becomes a side effect of health. And we've so lost sight of what health IS that I fear some people will never experience it. Also, had I not, I would be gone too soon. Last few years not the time to have autoimmune

If I get better under such stressful conditions, this is a power there is no substitute for.