View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-23, 22:46

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
And if you are nauseated and low energy you aren't even going for walks. And if you are spiking your blood sugar regardless, you are locking up your fat, essentially. You are forcing the body to run on sugar even more.

This is mostly what I was trying to say in my long rambling post up there - they're eating mostly carbs, which means in spite of the lowered blood sugar levels because of the delayed digestion, they're still running on carbs.

Although aside from days when this friend is feeling really sick from the Wegovy (and not every day is bad), they are making an effort to exercise, even if it's only for a short time.

Quote:
the people who are okay with these drugs "as a tool" are recommending "more activity and eating healthier" as how to use them "for a limited time."

That was the initial reason that Wegovy friend went on the drug - Hoping to use it as a kick-start to lose weight, then switch right back to LC.

It does not appear that's going to happen.

And even if (when) the side effects become too difficult to live with, then I see this person trying to go back to LC, but the induction flu is likely to be horrific, between food cravings in general from going off the drug, the stretched stomach (which make no mistake - they digest so slowly that their stomach doesn't truly empty, so when they eat, even if it's really only a very small amount of food, it's stretching their stomach a little bit), and the carb cravings from eating a mostly carb diet.

Quote:
But it seems like the drug is changing people's diets in the wrong direction. Towards MORE UPF-4 foods because they can actually digest them. As they lose muscle and enjoy "freedom from cravings."

This part, at least I can say for the most part**, Wegovy friend is not eating UPF. It's still carbs, but at least it's whole grains fresh fruits, and vegetables, even if some of those "vegetables" are potatoes and corn.

(**Except when the wegovy makes this person really, really sick - then it's saltines, applesauce, and toast to try to calm the stomach)