#5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-23, 04:13

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

Doctors view the older adult population as divided into three life-stage subgroups: the young-old (approximately 65 to 74 years old), the middle-old (ages 75 to 84 years old), and the old-old (over age 85). Even the "young old" get questions on fall risk, cognitive ability, etc.

Four years ago at the “young” age of 70, in mile 3 of my daily walk with my dog, I caught my toe as I walked briskly down a moderate slope. I fell and broke my wrist. I was able to get back up, retrieve my dog who had not run off and then walk the additional 1/2 mile home. I called my son who then drove me to the ER. Doogie Howser at the ER treated me as if my age was the only important variable. Among other things, as I was getting ready to leave he asked me if I wanted a sling or did I think I was going to fall again, as if my age was the important variable not my apparent healthy physical condition or the fact that my fall was the result of the kind of accident that could easily happen to anyone of any age. In fact he had not bothered to ask me how the fall occurred. I guess he just assumed it was probably age related. Humph!