#72   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-20, 09:32

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Marty Kendall is about prioritizing protein for satiety and eating nutrient dense whole foods but he is not necessarily low carb nor is he high carb and he is certainly anti junk processed food. Instead of a one size fits all approach he goes for a see what's working and adjust accordingly. His approach is very much in line with Ted Naiman's P/E (protein/energy) ratio. And of course he advocates paying attention to the micronutrient content of food and has developed what he calls the ONI or Optimal nutrient Intake as opposed to the RDI, that is optimizing nutrients for maximum benefit rather than focusing on the minimal amount of nutrients needed to prevent disease.

I do best by optimizing protein as well. It's been over 18 months since I increased my daily protein consumption, and it's made all the difference. I saw the folly of previously maintaining consumption of a high level of fat, and now I don't think about it. I just eat what fat my healthy protein brings me and take advantage of the fat that my onboard pantry has in store. Westman, Naiman, and Kendall have programs that I've adapted, and the combination works for me.