#2023   ^
Old Sun, May-12-19, 17:23

Plan: low carb
Stats: 225/225/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesimply

- If it's well cooked and eaten with butter or other fat, it isn't too harmful to have gluten free pasta for weekly consumption.

I want to make my own gluten free bread since most of the commercial gluten free breads have high PUFA oils in them. I asked if any of the following ingredients should be avoided:
*brown rice flour
*sorghum flour
*cornstarch
*potato starch
*potato flour
*xanthan gum
*arrowroot flour
*tapioca starch

and he replied that potato flour actually has some nutritional value and the others are okay.

The recipe I am going to try is from here.

The other two that look good are GF Cheesy Hamburger Buns and GF Hamburger Buns

Jem, he does prefer white rice over brown rice; have you ever tried jasmine or arborio or basmati rice? There are lots of different "white" rices that have more flavor than plain converted long grain white rice.

I don't follow Peat's guidelines 100% but do the best I can.

I've been trying to do gluten free since I noticed some issues from eating wheat (not sure about celiac) so when I saw your post, I was interested in possibly making bread.

From what I've learned of Ray Peat so far, he doesn't recommend any of the gums but there is xanthan gum in your list. He did say that was okay?

Also, just an FYI for those who eat rice, I've learned that there's a lot of arsenic in rice. One way to minimize it is to cook the rice in a lot of water and throw the extra water away. Also basmati and jasmine rice tend to have less arsenic.

Thank you. I know the original post is old.