#374   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 12:05

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Even though you will find electrolyte drink recipes all around the LC and IF world, and I have not personally had any problem using them in small amounts, the IDM program recently added a warning about potassium. The pills are so tiny because an overdose can be lethal. The quote is here, though I continue to make a Keto-ade which has small, controlled amounts of K in water with half-salt.

Thanks JEY. I was aware that's why the pills are so tiny. In the context I was writing, I meant that I felt it would be okay to take another one, because it would be okay to go from supplementing 2% to supplementing 4%. For me, the supplements are easier than Keto-ade or SmartWater.

I eat a wide variety of foods, including spinach, beef, and cold water fish, but maybe not enough for me.

My general conclusion is that I thought my salt intake was too low based on how I felt several days ago, so I started adding more to food, drinking broth, etc. to increase my intake. And it sort-of worked. But because electrolytes work in balance with each other, adding salt threw off my balance and I ended up needing both more potassium and more magnesium to get back in balance.

I still feel like I haven't found a solid set point, but I'm feeling much better. I'm not feeling as lethargic and achy as I was and my headache is mainly gone.