Thread: Get your salt!
View Single Post
  #371   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 14:14

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

I've been struggling with headaches and ache-y muscles and I knew it was some sort of water/electrolyte imbalance. I have been taking magnesium and potassium supplements and I drink at least 64 oz of water/day. I have had trouble with leg cramps in the past, but I've been okay with this lately.

I started reading through this thread and upped my salt intake a lot in the last couple of days. It started to help, and I didn't wake up this morning with all those imprint lines you get when you're retaining a lot of water. But I still had an isolated headache, some muscle aches and that weird puckered feeling in my mouth that you get when you eat a lot of salty food. I took another potassium supplement (those things are tiny at 99 mg) and within 30 minutes my muscle aches started to ease up, my headache is improving, and the puckery feeling is GONE.

I think I probably did need the salt, but it's such a delicate balance with the other electrolytes. Just a reminder that if you need to up one, there's a good chance you need to up the others, too.

I'll keep adjusting over the next few days.