View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 13:23

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%
Default It's Diabetes

So I got motivated to get back on track (after several years of... NOT being on-track) in July, when I had GERD so bad I had to go to the clinic.

This led to a long string of medical STUFF... There was a cardiologist, a gastroenterologist... Not that I was horribly sick, just that routine screening got screwed up time-wise (because I'm driving out of town for a week every 3 weeks to help a friend with chemo... which started up AFTER my medical stuff started. *sigh* )

I should note, here, that I haven't had a primary care physician in years. And that my gastroenterologist wanted to test me for Celiac, so I've been actively eating wheat & grains until Halloween week, when my testing got done.

Well, while I haven't gotten back to the gastroenterologist's office yet, the lab lets you see your test results online. My blood sugar was over 200.

Had a PCP appointment today, and she confirmed, "ANY reading over 200 -- even if you just ate -- means you have diabetes."

The good news?

She's totally on-board with letting me have a chance to get it under control with diet.

Just stopped off at the lab again, where the pulled 50 million vials of blood, for every metabolic/lipid panel there is. Going to have a FABULOUS base-line, medically speaking, of where I'm starting from....

I also have an "official" start-weight I'm willing to use. (My own scale isn't working... my prefered "good weigh in" is in the morning, naked, after potty and before anything by mouth. Well, I didn't have anything to eat or drink before going in, and I was weighed in JUST shorts & a lightweight top. I'd say less than a pound of fabric. I'll take that as my "real" weight for today.)

All the more motivation to STICK TO PLAN.
Sponsored Links