View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 08:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171/138/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:
Default Food addiction, Eating disorder history

I have a history of food addiction and my mother suffered bulimia for 40 yrs. I would always put on weight on my legs from over eating, then I would go from there in cycles of years of under eating to compensate then purging when my appetite resurfaced. I have had long periods of healthy eating but have been grateful to atkins as I would be huge if not for cutting starches over the years, especially when I was on stage in my twenties, my hormones trigger a sweet tooth where I will want to eat 5 atkins bars instead of veggies.
Yes my attitude has been unhealthy at times, but this is why I want to be aware of the full stages leading to lifetime maintenance.
My protein take is far too high actually, I want it to be 60grams per day but it ends up more like 100. Most of my 20 net carbs come from dairy and low carb bars. I find it expensive to eat low carb as veg does not fill me up for long to be honest. I'll eat a can of tuna, 2 eggs, maybe another can of fish, nut butter, I guess I'm a grazer and do not cook meals as its too complicated counting.
I am happy to up my healthy carbs soon when i reach my goal weight, and try to get over my phobia of mixing fat and carb on my plate. I am happy to ditch the banana and rice cake in the future, and have One sweet potato a day (22 net carb) as this helps with BM..
I wonder how much fat to put on my plate for the Life long maintenance. I always feel a bit irresponsible for eating fat this way and have no idea how much fat to consume in a day for general ongoing low carb lifestyle.