Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #2348   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 06:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz. Girl. I am so sorry that M is such a ginormous B and is making life so completely crappy for you. I do think you hit the wall on how much you could take and how much she should be allowed to get away with. I'm sorry you had to go to HR but I really don't think you had much of a choice anymore. You did the right thing and your girls are right here behind you.

I had an assistant one year that made my life an absolute living hell. She was awful. I would come home and cry daily. Luckily I was able to move into a different job (and a better one) the following year but ugh, it was long and hard. I really feel for you.

Blue- Girl, you always know the right things to say. I'm not Jaz but I was comforted.

My DH has a trench coat, I think a London Fog, and my Mom has one that she has used for decades that is a Burberry. For me, they are so long and heavy. I am more of a fleece or down puffer kind of chick. I love that they have found ways to make jackets more and more lightweight and packable.

Super glad that you are so happy with your new haircut arrangements!

Lori- You and Blue have me thinking about cold brew again. Maybe I will resurrect mine. I did that for a long time then moved on to using a French press. I love the ritual of making coffee.

Hope you love your haircut! I should get in too. I haven't had my hair cut for months. Maybe like March or something? I should get a trim so it can grow a bit before the wedding.

Thanks for sending the pics!

It is great that you are going to have nice fresh caught salmon! That is a big cost savings too!

I've never heard of using foil to store things in the freezer. I tell you, one of the best purchases of the year for me was finally getting one of those Food Saver things. It is great. Really protects meat and such from freezer burn, plus keeps other things fresher longer. I bought the rolls of bag material online for much cheaper.

Kmom- Love your pics too. Both of them, the happy family and the notepad. I know you are going to have such a good time on your trip. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Trig- The Lost Sea sounds like a really cool thing to experience. Sometimes you just gotta put the camera down and be in the moment and it sounds like that is what everyone was doing.

Okay- So I love a lake to look at, be on a boat, maybe float in... but biting fish? No thank you!! The pontoon boat time sounds amazing!

Now go get Liquored Up and have The Chop share pic or two!

•••••••

I'm writing you from a train! Sort of loving it. A fun new adventure. DH and I managed to get one of only six tables in the cafe car and so we are spread out here facing each other, and watching the world go by while we do our stuff. I tell ya, you definitely see some crummy parts of cities on a train, don't you? I want to do a couple of LONG train rides one day, like the Rocky Mountain one with the fancy dining car and sleeping on the train.

Speaking of sleeping, my sleep habits have been pretty crappy lately. I sleep about an hour, then I am awake/ drowsing for about 2-3 hours, then I sleep again from about 3 or 4 AM until around 7 or 7:30. Thank God for my Kindle so I can lay in bed and read. Otherwise the nights would feel endless. This happens to me from time to time. It will pass eventually.

Jaz- we are going to see Hamilton, going to see the Cloisters and otherwise just hanging out. DH wants to go to Rice to Riches which is a fantastic Baskin-Robbins-of-rice-puddings shop. Even if you don't like rice pudding, this is the bomb. So many flavors! Like 20 or something. Look it up!

On the last day, Friday, I am not sure what we will do yet. I would love to see the Tenement Museum but I think the Cloisters will be enough of that for this trip- DH is thinking he wants to stay a long while. I am kind of dreading it- I mean I am all over it for 2-3 hours but not 6!

We need to get a new mattress. We've needed to for a while. I am not opposed to buying one online.. I don't think you can tell much from lying on one in a mattress store for ten minutes and of course their job is to upsell you etc. I am thinking of using Costco (their return policy is amazing) or Tuft and Needle (also a great return policy) but I am not ready to commit. I will look into the Sealy Black line you guys are talking about. There are a few mattress review sites that are unbiased and very informative.

Ok, enough from me! Next time I check in I'll be in NYC!