#14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 18:19

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
So that's the plausibility argument. It's wrong, so wrong. With diabetes type 2, there's both hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia. There's too much insulin. How could there be both reduced insulin production and too much insulin?

OK, lemme just put this into the proper perspective for all of us dumasses of the world. Let's say there's too much pollution, this then cause reduced tyres production and that's why there's too many cars not running properly, but simultaneously these same cars are stuck with too many tyres. (If we also analogize blood glucose, we could say they're also stuck with too much gasoline, which would take care of itself if only all those cars started running properly) Even us, dumasses of the world, can see this is completely retarded.

Now let's use my paradigm to offer an alternative plausibility argument. Let's say pollution doesn't reduce insulin production (otherwise implying the pancreas is affected), but instead reduces insulin degradation at the liver. Now we got something that can actually explain why there's too much insulin.

As a side note, why do experts never ever tell us about the hyperinsulinemia in diabetes type 2? Maybe they just don't understand it like that. Maybe for them, hyperinsulinemia is related to blood glucose in such a way that if BG drops too low, that's how hyperinsulinemia is determined. With diabetes type 2, BG never drops too low, it's always too high, so there can't be hyperinsulinemia. See? Furthermore, one possible treatment for really bad diabetes type 2 is insulin injections. Maybe for them, no matter how much insulin there is, even if there's tons of it already, there's just not enough of it to get the job done. And maybe for them, that's the extent of their knowledge about insulin, and that's why we get retarded plausibility arguments like in the article.

I'm pretty sure that's the problem - they don't see it as a situation where there's already excessive amounts of insulin, but still not enough to do the job of pushing excess blood sugar into your cells. I think they see it as simply a lack of insulin - in other words, they don't understand the difference between T1 and T2.

I don't think true diabetes "experts" misunderstand this concept though. I suspect what we end up reading has more to do with the media interpreting it to mean that because diabetes requires insulin injections, there's apparently not enough insulin to begin with, especially when they hear repeatedly that you NEEEEEEED so many carbs just to support brain function, so they have no choice but to eat all those carbs, and shoot up with insulin, in order to force that blood sugar into their brain cells.

On the other hand, it's the dieticians and far too many diabetes "experts" who are the ones claiming you NEEEEEEEEED so many carbs to support brain function, never thinking about the fact that yeah, there's tons of insulin there, just not nearly enough to take care of all the carbs you're pushing the diabetic to eat, much less the amount that the typical diabetic eats, simply because they're told they can cover it with more and more insulin. No wonder the media is confused.