Old Wed, Apr-25-18, 07:21
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr
Wow! That's a lot to chew on. Sorry for the pun.

Really appreciate the info. I need to dig in and read up.

There's SO MUCH MORE info/resources than there was back in 1999. I remember going online to buy a low carb cheesecake- (I think I had to mail a check!) it was super expensive and didn't leave a positive experience.

Today there's a whole Keto world, in addition to Atkins.

Very true. Lots of misinformation too. There are many schools of thought, and I'm not sure that all have science or research behind them, but it's possible. I think the key thing is this: Is what you're doing working for you? If it does for awhile, and stops working, you may need to make some adjustments. In my case, it was macros. Up to a point, I am able to eat keto ratios that were mostly fat (by calories) and lower protein. After a certain point, I did see that I had to limit fat and make sure that my ratios were higher protein by calories. And calories do count, I believe. If I wanted to continue making progress, I had to lower the fat, increase the protein, and make sure I was still eating at a deficit.

The other thing I've learned is that i don't try to find "low carb recipes" especially desserts and treats. I basically eat some variation of meat, some fibrous vegetables for most meals; eggs in some kind of fashion and often some meat for breakfast. I think it works.