View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 12:59
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

It took a little longer for me, but yes - I had a similar experience several weeks into the diet. I have always loved all things protein. I loved it when I started eating LCHF in 2014, but before too long the idea of eating eggs or another bite of meat was practically nauseating. The same was true for green beans, too. Nothing that I ate as a staple on my diet would be appetizing. In fact, the thought of them practically gagged me. I forced them down anyway. Then a short while later I was fine with my LC food again. I've eating eggs for breakfast almost everyday for the past 4 years. I never seem to tire of them. The same way with steak. I'd never pass up a good steak. How could I go from loving a food to detesting it and then back to loving it again in a few short weeks? The carb flu might have had something to do with it. Nothing sounds good when you are not feeling well. But I agree with Luzyanna. I'm convinced that a revolt takes place and this response is your brain's way of steering you back towards your old favorite carby junk. This 'extreme boredom' thing happened with me on many low carb diets of the past, too. That's when I would start cheating and that didn't make things any better. Those diets all failed. This time I stuck with on-plan food and soon was back to loving my LC food more than ever.