#9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 10:59

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
How long have you been the size you were (290 lbs) ? I think that can have an affect on outcome as well. Not much you can do about it till you see where you land Certainly don't let it be a determining factor on regaining your health.

It's been a gradual thing. I was about 260 10 years ago and went on a sort of crash diet that lasted about a month or so and got down to 240, wound up giving it up and gradually climbed back up to 305 about 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with pre-type II. I made moderate lifestyle changes, more more or less the ADA type diet and thought I was doing OK, my weight went down a little to exactly 292 over the last two years but my A1C had shot up to over 10 and I was suffering multiple side effects - that's what brought me here.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks and and I am impressed by the amazing positive changes by body is going through now - and it's easy for me to maintain this diet because I don't have to starve, and I'm simply not as hungry any more. It's been like a miracle so far.