View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 01:07

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
The results showed that glycaemic response — changes in blood sugar after consuming carbohydrates — differs widely from person to person, and is highly influenced by genetic factors, exercise, body-fat levels and the contents of the gut.

However, not a single person on this planet kept their blood glucose dead still after eating any type of carbs. Ergo, it's not that some carbs don't do anything, it's that the effect varies but is never zero. Accordingly, there's no a priori validity to any claim that anybody can remain lean while eating carbs of any kind. Rather, there's absolutely no validity to any claim that carbs can somehow cause the complete opposite effect from expected.

Note how Robb describes it:
Quote:
We can rewire our appetite to determine the optimal foods for our diet and metabolism, Wolf claims, by finding out which types of carbs we tolerate.

The word tolerate is not synonymous with the word immune. To tolerate means to put up with [its effect, the trouble, the pain, etc]. It does not mean to get through it unaffected. What Robb actually meant was:

"...by finding out which types of carbs we can put up with."

Well, I put up with a whole lotta carbs for most of my life, then I realized what all those carbs did to me bit by bit over a few decades and decided I'd had enough of that crap. Oh, I can tolerate a ton of carbs even today, I just choose not to.