#61   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-17, 12:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Again, and as mentioned in the book, this is a very individualized type of supplement that will vary from person to person. It's worth while to experiment with different doses to find what's right.

Absolutely!

I've been using niacin for at least two years and have paused some of my other supplements while I try this therapeutic dose. The adverse effects have been tiny and fleeting, while the benefits happened quickly and are still accumulating.

I think any kind of supplementing should be done slowly and carefully and with a sensitive attention to any feedback our body gives us.

Don't fall for excessive detox claims.

So many times I see online that someone is trying a supplement or a vegan diet or an exercise regimen, and is suffering, miserable, exhausted; and someone else will be all "That's just detoxing!"

I do not think so. Just because bad clams causes my body to emit noxious stuff does not mean I had a bunch of noxious stuff in my body and the bad clams were good for me!

Serious detoxing is something to enlist medical help over. I know: DH did some heavy duty antibiotic therapy, and his Herxheimer reactions could be seriously uncomfortable. That's real detoxing, and it's nothing to do on our own.
Sponsored Links