View Single Post
  #680   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-16, 20:28
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Blue, the autumn where you are sounds so lovely with all the fallen leaves. We are enjoying rains here that we haven't seen in years. It has been several dry, drought-ridden seasons for us the past 5 or 6 years. The rain is cleansing and welcome. I do not mind at all.

I feel as if Thanksgiving sneaked up on me this year. It is nearly unbelievable to me that it is here in two days. Jim and I will be keeping things low key, cooking turkey breast, seasonable vegetables and traditional sides. He will have pecan pie, as well. I did see a great looking recipe for gluten-free pumpkin pie. I feel tempted, but I don't know if I'll go for it or not. I may save it for my work team potluck next month. All of our California based tech team members will be meeting at our location here in the town where I live. It is only a 13 mile trip for me, so I get the easy commute to the get together. Because we all work from our home offices, we don't get to see each other in person very often. And, we typically see our out of state team members once every six months. when the entire team meets for three or four days of meetings, workshops and fun.

You are so right when you point out how many of us are being diagnosed with auto-immune disorders. I don't know if it's just that better diagnostic techniques and awareness exist now, or if more people than ever truly are developing these types of issues. I haven't had my metal fillings removed, either, but I did start choosing non-metal ones at one point, even for those that were in the back of my mouth. Interestingly, I have not had new dental issues since changing to my gluten-free diet (when I also started low carb eating.) I have no doubt that the food induced exacerbation of the auto-immune at least played a role in my dental issues.

Yesterday, I fasted all day and then again today until dinner, for a 48 hour fast. My plan is to do the same after tonight, not eating again until Thanksgiving dinner. I need to be back on track, having gained a few pounds. I watched a Jason Fung interview for inspiration yesterday. It seemed to help I am losing weight again already.