View Single Post
  #677   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-16, 10:09

Plan: LCHF and OMAD
Stats: 298.4/187.6/145 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thanks ladies, I am pretty pleased with my weight loss. I got as low as 198.0 yesterday and was back up to 198.6 this morning. But at least it is not 200. I still have another 53.6 pounds to go. So I still have a long road ahead of me. But I take the victories as I get them.

Blue, as for your suggestion regarding foods. I totally agreed with you. I wish I could change the diet of the youngest three foster kids. But I am forced to follow the Canadian Food Guide (it is exactly the same at the US Food Guide). I put in a request to put the youngest three on a gluten free diet and the social workers have stated that I need to have the backing of the pediatrician and take the kids to a nutritionist regularly. I don't think the social workers believe what I have told them about gluten and the effects on the body and brain and I have yet to find a nutritionist who will back gluten free 100%, especially when it comes to kids that are legal wards of the government. Professionals are wary about going against the norm when it comes to foster kids, too much bad press, I guess.

Having said that, nowhere on the Canadian Food Guide does it say that I have to give them sugar - carbs yes, but not sugar, so I have cut out all processed sugar and even cut out all fruit for the youngest three, gasp. I did this at the beginning of July. And it has made a huge difference in the my other 7 year old foster son. He is much calmer and seems to be able to focus more. But for the second 7 year old, the one we are having the problems with, the elimination of sugar didn't seem to help. So it was the social worker who suggested drugs. Which frustrates me! Why not allow me to change the diet instead of putting him on mood altering drugs.

And since I am basically a government paid babysitter, I have no legal authority over the kids, I must follow what the kids legal guardian (the social workers) order. And they say drugs, so I have to give him ritalin.

Gotta go, laundry day at my house and I have 17 loads to wash, fold and put away. Plus any ironing or sewing that needs to be done.

Have a great day. Talk soon