#2008   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-16, 19:51

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriSinge
So many good things happening! I wish I had time to respond on my computer instead of just on my phone. Jo, for Me the 4 hour eating window means I might have a late lunch at 1 or 2, and then have dinner at 5. Or I might have my dinner at 4 or 5, and then have a light dessert an hour or two later. It's definitely not an open window of time to eat for 4 hours! LOL my biggest problem is snacking so it's important to me to limit the time that I can eat.

I had my annual exam yesterday, & I saw the physician's assistant instead of a doctor. We talked about low carb, and she does it too! That was great.

I was reading online about the national weight control registry. They are a group that is tracking people who have lost weight and kept it off for more than a year. In general most of the people are doing low-calorie and low-fat, eat breakfast, and exercise an hour a day usually by walking. I definitely don't fit the stereotype! But I was glad to hear it that people who have kept the weight off for 2 to 5 years find it much easier as time does on, and if you keep it off for that long you are more likely to keep it off forever. That is my goal. I just have to keep working this one day at a time. They also said that the people who are most successful do not deviate from their plan for holidays and vacations or special occasions. That is definitely my mindset. I have not been completely successful with that at Christmas time, that is my weak time. But I'm trying to work on my mindset for this Christmas already!
Hi Lauri! What do you teach again? It's funny that we both scheduled our full physicals for right after school let out... I think most teachers do. Mine went well too. Doc knows I'm doing "no sugar, no grains" and he's cool with it.

It would be really really cool if the Awesome Warriors who have taken off the excess weight, and kept it off, could register and represent OUR way of doing things! Like you mentioned, MOST "weight-loss stories" that get publicity are about low cal, low fat "healthy" eating and punitive/unsustainable amounts of exercise. It would be really cool to get more and more alternatives in there! I think we all agree, this WOL is COMPLETELY sustainable. And, for me, it's getting easier each day- not harder. I thought, after gettting stone-cold serious on my restart April 23, that it might get harder the longer you "abstain" from certian foods...like missing someone the longer you don't get a chance to visit... but, it's really more like...well, a death. The missing gets a bit paler and a bit less painful as the days go by. As the days turn into weeks, and then years... some days, you don't even think about the person. You will ALWAYS love them. You would give anything for one more day with them, like old times... but you know, it's not possible. And, over time, the missing becomes less. ...I know it's not exactly like that, but kind of.

Well, went off on a bit of a tangent...

Happy almost Friday!