Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 20:09
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue

One answer to the question of this thread: YES. But it must come from within. You must be strong to be happy and fat, because way too many people will try to make you believe you should not be happy.

Yes. About 15 years ago I sat next to a woman at a new job who had just lost a lot of weight. I was still very fat, and I'd just moved in with boyfriend, we'd had a whirlwind romance and had only known each other about six months. I was deliriously happy, and this woman was seriously offended by my happiness, so much so she started bullying me. She'd lost the weight and thought her life would be wonderful, I think. Instead, she was with a guy who didn't treat her well, in a job she hated.

Weight loss didn't equal happiness, and being very fat didn't mean misery.

Fat is one issue in a life and does not and should not define happiness for that person. Sadly, it is true that others may try and define the person by their fat, in which case it is not the fat that is interfering with happiness, but small minded and judgemental people.

If the world was no longer judgemental about fat, and those who are fat, then living in the world at any size would be much easier, and happiness would be easier to attain.

Unfortunately we wear our fat for all to see, so it is easy for people to judge us. I suspect that if everyone had to have their perceived sins tatooed on their forehead, then suddenly, being fat would be far less of an issue.