View Single Post
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-16, 09:05

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Felt like a "proper" walk today, but not too much as I have to save myself for a walk with B. tomorrow, and lots to do preparing to go away. As it was still, dry and cloudy I opted to repeat Saturday's walk thinking that it would be less hazy and even better views.

Nobody else in the car park; a lady was cleaning the toilets and I saw the same National Trust worker, this time litter picking.

Shortly after starting out at 9 I decided to do the walk the other way round, which meant the steeper climb up the "grassy staircase" to start and an easier descent on the main path which would be kinder on the ancient knees and allow me to lift my eyes from my feet and enjoy the stunning views up the lake.

Most of the cloud had burned away and it was hot. I was disappointed that I had to take short rests on the up, every 150 paces or so. I am not doing enough climbs.

It took me over an hour to reach the summit and just over 2 hours to do the whole thing. I'll keep at it until I can do it all non-stop and in under 2 hours.

When I got back to the car park the National Trust guy was manning the coffee kiosk, so we chatted while I got my black coffee. He said he was thinking of doing the Ullswater Way on his day off. 21 miles of footpath right round the lake. Hmmm ... At least there are lots of places to catch a bus if you throw in the towel.