View Single Post
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-16, 08:01
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

This week was my first attempt at IF. I chose to test the waters and picked Monday and Wednesday as my 2 days. I'm an auditor in a very stressful job and usually Monday-Wednesday are my horrible days. I also tend to stress eat during those days (Classic Lays are no longer allowed in my house). After I stress eat Lays all day, and whatever else I can shovel in, I feel awful, brain fog, grumpy, more stressed, etc. I "generally" eat low carb most of the time and have for years.

Monday, as usual, was very stressful. I woke up to a million emails, all demanding something. I also work from home, which makes it so much easier to stress eat all day! I chose to have 2 meals totaling 500ish calories. At 10:00, I had 2 deviled eggs. At around 4:00, I had some grilled chicken breast with coconut oil. It was actually not difficult. The amazing thing was my mental clarity!!! Instead of my Lays-fueled brain fog, I stayed very much on task and accomplished a lot at work. Nice! I did get very hungry around 8:00 that evening, but chose to read and go to bed. I did have some insomnia that night, but nothing horrible. Tuesday, I ate probably a little more than normal, but I didn't go Lays crazy or anything like that. Yesterday was a repeat of Monday at the same times, and once again I noticed the mental clarity. Hunger was not so bad. This morning, I decided to wait a little while to eat something and had 2 poached eggs at around 9:00. I just want to eat "normally" (whatever that is) today. My weight is down a little, but I chart my weight on Saturday so will see what that says. I'm not overly obsessed with the number, though. I've been slowly trending downward for a few years. I would like it to be faster, but I'm not disappointed in my progress.

Will just see how this IF thing goes! I have started the Jason Fung book, and hope to finish it this weekend.