View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-01-15, 10:42

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanks Kristine, great idea about telling you about my lifestyle as that will help for sure.

I am single and work for myself from home, on the computer, a lot of hours at times, so I often feel isolated. Because of that I think I eat as I am lonely or as a reward for myself. I've had a lot of stress as I have been living half the year in AZ and the other half in Canada - I own a place in AZ and have been renting, site unseen in Canada. My mom just had a heart attack and triple bypass at 85 so that's been very stressful too.

I don't mind spending money on good food, I consider it a requirement. I am celiac so have spent a lot over the years and usually buy organic natural foods at health food stores.

I live 6 minutes from a grocery store and I tend to go too often as I don't plan ahead as well as I'd like to. Also, when I was in real estate for 16 years, I got very used to eating out, and probably do so more than most. I don't love to cook and haven't prioritized it enough but can certainly get back into it. I might hire someone local to help me get some things ready (she lost 100 lbs. on Atkins years ago so she understands it even though she has put 50 back on).

Almost all of my socializing recently involved going out for meals and or wine.

Sometimes I wish I had more fun things to do, and more people to do them with so I will work on that but its hard when you split time between two places, that should end this year I hope. I have considered getting back into riding (horses), that is one of my loves and would also get me moving more between catching, grooming, tacking up and riding and it might make me think of food less and be a way to get out and see people and do something that does not involve eating.

The friends that I do have mostly all drink wine, many of them every night. I love wine and would be happy to have a glass or two everyday but I realize that it's not possible for me. Not drinking does isolate me from some of the people I know but I'm willing to do that as I have in the past successfully for over 2 years.

I have a tendency to eat pretty good and then binge on something to the point of feeling sick. I have done this before dinner and not been able to eat dinner. I have even recently done it where I feel too sick to go to sleep. This is an eating disorder.

I am hypothyroid since birth and my TSH was only .01 in the fall :-( and my meds have been switched as I was on compounded T4 and T3, and now I'm back on synthroid. I have arthritis too.

For my liver, I had both an ultrasound and CT scan and neither showed fatty liver and the doc said it would show for sure. My liver looked VERY health.

Thanks for suggesting I do this, it will help others to see what I'm dealing with.