View Single Post
  #1975   ^
Old Fri, Sep-11-15, 11:37

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 230/165/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

TAM:
WOW congrats on another .4 down!!! A new bathing suit always lifts spirits. My Joe had neuropathy from his chemo. I feel for both of you. I see him grimace in pain when he stands up. AND ANOTHER 1.6. WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT. So happy for you. Sure is encouraging to see this WOE working.

HOTHUNT:
No gain is always good!!! So glad you got to get out and play golf. Hoping the weather will cooperate better next time. I have a friend in Florida and hers and your description of the humidity make it sound brutal. I am NOT a humidity kind of gal. Maybe you will meat some friendly golfers if you go more often. IN good weather that is. Sorry about your Bull taking the gate down. And I totally agree on the electric fence. They will plow right on through it if they really want out. Even cows. Glad it is a little cooler there for you today.

KAREN:
WTG on another pound down!!! I think most every one is waiting for things to cool down. I know I am. Happy shopping with Mom today.

BERNIE:
WHOOT On your pound down too!!!! OH my you are getting closer and closer to goal. So inspired to see this happening so so many here.

JO:
I do remember where we were. We were taking the cemetery mower over to Baker Oregon for repair and we took the Hells Canyon rout to get there. It was such a gorgeous day I had Joe stop to get a picture of the mountain reflecting on the still water . It was a perfect mirror image. So peaceful. We had no idea what was happening as we had been on the road for an hour or so. When we got to Baker the gal there was watching it all unfold on her computer and just bawling and then I was too. So stunned. so heartbreaking for so many people.
During the following years an international group of beaders created three wreaths in memorial for those lost. French Beaded Flowers were often used to adorn graves. This was a huge project as so many other memorial projects were. Flowers from all over the world were made and donated to make these wreaths. I feel honored to have been part of this. And HUGE cudos to those that put this all together.
http://www.rosemarykurtz.com/wreaths/
What an insane set of happenings Jo. And I do not understand why they did not get all of you OUT of there when the gas line was hit. so glad you all are safe. That is so totally insane. I would think heads would be rolling with the repair crew. sorry it was such a bad day. Glad things are back up and running today.

DELANEY:
They were adding carbs upon carbs. I kind of remember trying those suggestd diets. Not for diabetes but just to lose weight. And my Mom had me on Some thing close with jello and low fat cottage cheese and the bran cereals. no butter kind of thing. No wonder I kept getting fatter and then sneaking food because I really felt like I was starving. I remember many times spending my allowance on food. Sneak eating. So sad. And yet this kind of thinking is so ingrained into so many people.

I finished up the hallway closet base of tiles and got everything put away. I am feeling pretty sore from doing both closets. Neck is bothering me today. I pan on cleaning up my studio today to work on another project. Clean the house. I sure turned loos a bunch of fur balls out of that closet. LOL Weight holding the same 181.2 today. Guess my window has slammed shut for now. I am thrilled to have lost what I have so far. Not getting discouraged. Have a good one. OH bought new door sweeps and might be taking the doors off their hinges to put the new sweeps on. OH UGH all four doors have windows in them and heavy metal. NOT looking forward to this job and there is no way I can do it alone. not sure Joe is up to it.