View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-14, 12:29

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Tchice, I love roasted veggies too. One day at the store I saw these premade skewers in the produce section so a bought a couple and roasted them in the oven and they were amazingly naturally sweet. So next time I went shopping I thought that I could do the same thing for half the price, just buying the veggies and cutting them up.
I used Zucchinni squash, Red onion, mushrooms, Red pepper and cut them in1-2 inch triangles, coated with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper and oven roasted on 500 turning a couple of times and then I added some butter and chopped garlic about half way through which really added a lot of flavor. Garlic burns fast and becomes bitter so I wait to add them.

The best part about cooking the veggies like this is that while they are in the oven I am cooking my meat on the stove and voila, dinner is served in less than 15 minutes.

Judynyc You are right about oven roasting Brussels Sprouts after cutting them in half.
For years I would try to cook them whole and they were always bitter inside and not cooked well inside while the outsides were over cooked.
Also, I now love to stir frying them in my heavy cast iron skillet, also cut in half with a lot of bacon and cooked in the bacon drippings....

The other day I saw them on this huge stem covered up and down with all these little Brussels Sprouts. I had never seen that before.

Verbena, I love artichokes too!