#6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-14, 22:15

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2Bskny
Thank you Patriciakr, I am doing a little better today. I am in a rut of "stinkin thinkin", need to get myself out of my self-doubt.

I will look into CALP with Primal Leanings, actually what is that if you don't mind my asking?

CALP (carbohydrate addickts lifespan program - which is for any adult age despite the rest of it's title implying it's for those 40 and up) helps control post-prandial hyperinsulinemia. I eat low carb veggies (from the list they give in their book) and protein for all meals and any snacks except once a day when I have what they call a Reward Meal. This meal (which must begin with a salad OR a serving of low carb veggies) is 1/3 protein, 1/3 low carb veggie, 1/3 carbohydrates. The Reward Meal is not an hour long binge, it is all about balance. When I eat this way, I get hungry, eat and am satisfied..no niggling constant hunger and grazing and no day long carb fest.

Meals/snacks shouldn't be more often than every 90 minutes (have I ever eaten often - yep, when first getting back on plan), and your meals should not last more than 60 minutes (there is a second wave of insulin release that occurs at 70 minutes of a meal).

It just works well for me. I eat lots of unconventional breakfasts (breakfast can be anything your body enjoys in the morning!), and still really enjoy cooking (and baking). I did have portion control issues when I first got back on plan, so use a daily calorie limit as a guide - but I still eat per CALP principles for meal composition.
Primal just means I really try to eat grass-fed beef only, local or homegrown veggies, organic when I can afford it, pastured butter etc. Just the best/freshest ingredients I can afford.

I have in early portions of my journal, a list of what I was eating, and also in my blog.

It's just what has made the most sense to me over the years, and has help keep me from progressing from pre-diabetes to type 2. Certainly helped my horrendous triglyceride levels come down