View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-11-14, 09:01

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

One of the truths I'm trying to embrace in my personal journey is "different isn't bad, it's just different." And that generally speaking most people just don't know what to do with anything they perceive as different. Different scares people, and when we are frightened we most often react in anger or defensiveness.

The person attacking you is terrified. Read that sentence again and absorb it. Terrified. Because she cannot deal with something like LC that is so different than what she believes. Do a Google search and you'll have no trouble finding mindless antiLC rants based in absolutely nothing other than fear that what we have been taught, that which we have embraced might be wrong! And no trouble finding rants about any number of topics based in the same fear.

I think it's all any of us can do to decide for ourselves, based on our own experience, what is right and good for us...and to continually remind ourselves that different isn't wrong. Your post said you know LC is right for you. So who cares if it isn't for that blog's Troll? You don't even know her/him. If it were someone you knew and respected, that's takes more personal power to push aside. This was a Troll with an attitude and you scared her to death.

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" (Dr. Seuss)