View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

OMG! I've finally found a home... Thank you all for the pats on the back...and thank you for saying I'm ok...that really means a lot. Piera, this is exactly what I am talking about...I read your response and relived everything that was thrown at me on the other board...but all of their words were directed directly at me, not general statements like you are making...I do not give a rats....if the scale goes up a couple of lbs...what I was concerned about was getting into another of my stalls...I do not have any eating disorders...I eat more than my husband and he is twice my size...(I love atkins) If I stop losing I do not beat myself up and do not hide from the world...(again, please don't take my defensiveness personally-it comes from being let down by a group that was my support for so long)...I think I can get on the scale in the morning without feeling like I'm failing myself for doing so...thanks everyone...I needed this.

The greatest thing is that there are others here that weigh themselves daily...I thought I was alone in this...I guess I allowed them to make me feel like some sort of freak. I have recently fit into my 'stack' of jeans that I place on the top of my dresser (the next size down) and just replaced them this morning with the next size down (which will be a 10) so I use my clothing to tell me how well I am doing...I don't even rely very heavily on the tape measure for the longest time I was going down in sizes (pants) and yet my thighs remained the same measurement...I measure my waist once a week...I've dropped 3 inches in the past month but have no idea how much I've lost...I will be able to see that tomorrow.

Again, thank you all for this...it is the boost I needed to get back to feeling good about myself.

Gail