View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-12, 03:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/000/125 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress: 225%
Default Still no energy after 3 weeks on induction

(it was suggested I repost this in here)

I might just be an idealist, but I thought that a switch over to a low carb diet would give me an energy boost, but so far I haven't really noticed a difference. I feel tired all the time and it's a major struggle to get to the gym - although when I'm there I do have a little more stamina for the cardio equipment.

I do suffer from depression, and have done for years, so perhaps this is hindering the energy boost I was expecting to get. I also have sleep apnoea which could be another cause of the tiredness. It's annoying though; if I'm not woken up I can quite easily sleep 12 hours straight, and still feel tired afterwards!

I also have the problem of a lowered appetite, which makes it difficult to follow the 3 meals and 2 snacks recommendation. Sometimes I'll only have one meal and a snack for lunch. I know it's wrong but I can't force myself to eat when I'm not hungry, or if we've no suitable food in the house...

Anyone know of any foods or recipes which are particularly good for giving your system an energy boost, which don't take ages to prepare?
Sponsored Links