View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-11, 13:58

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thanks SlimJen. How much weight are you gaining - could it be water retention from re-upping the carbs? How tight do you like your jeans; is there wiggle room in there for water weight?

Your protein and fat are low even for your stature so maybe it really is that your protein and fat are too low and you are having more carbs than your wee body can handle at this time, at least for weight loss.

the only thing I would do in your shoes is really get down and take notes on your eating and your weight for 2 weeks and see what happens and then draw your conclusions. I know that seems long but that is what my favorite experts in really getting your body where you want it, that is what they do. (John Berardi, Krista Scott-Dixon, and even Tom Venuto)

Also how old are you? Women are supposed to gain a couple of pounds from age 18 to 26 as their bones fill in. Wish someone would have told me that, I wouldn't have freaked.

Your protein is very low especially if you are counting every gram of protein that shows up in Fitday - the incomplete proteins from things like cocoa. Even when you are of small stature I would not go below 45 -50 grams of high-quality animal protein per day (only counting the eggs and meat and maybe yogurt)

And yes, apples on an empty stomach in between meals shuts down fat burning. Maybe not tomatoes or high-fiber veg. That's not the same as making me gain weight unless I also eat large portions (something I still do, sadly)