View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-02-11, 11:15

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Suggestion: Pick a diet that you can follow to the letter. Stay as compliant as you possibly can. Resist the temptation to go off the diet on some days and resume on others.[/b]
I definitely agree with following the diet of your choice to the letter. As far as I am concerned, being compliant keeps you on track because it means you are focused on what you are doing. Going on and off a diet is not going to lead to successful weight loss.

Some people also have a tendency to flit from one diet to another when they think it isn’t working for them. The trouble is, they’re not really giving it enough time to work. By all means switch diets, but make sure you’ve given enough time for your current one to work.

Quote:
Suggestion: If you aren't losing, check your calories. Make more use of foods which have calorie labels. Try to avoid eating out if it is scuttling your weight loss. And of course, remembering the information above, remain consistent each day.
While I found that calories weren’t such a problem for me the first time around, the second time around they certainly were. As far as I am concerned, if cutting down on the carbs isn’t working, then you definitely need to look at the amount of calories you are consuming. This can be especially true the closer you get to your goal weight.

Quote:
Suggestion: Keep starch and sugar to a bare minimum when dieting. (BTW, this works for maintenance too!).
Great advice! As far as I am concerned, there’s no arguing with this one!

Quote:
Suggestion: During weight loss, think of exercise as secondary to caloric reduction.
While I agree that exercise is secondary, I also believe that it is important. Not only does it help with getting fit, it also leads to the establishment of good habits and discipline, which will stand you in good stead when it comes to maintenance.