View Single Post
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-11, 11:51

Plan: IBS Diet/Intuitive Eating
Stats: 321/194.2/199 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

After giving you all my history in the above posts, here is a little update. I mentioned above that yesterday was a very rushed and hectic day for me and I could tell the old stress hormones were flooding my body. Consequently, I wasn't able to get to sleep until 2 A.M.. (Of course, until recently, I would have considered that very early since I have been going to bed at 4 or 5 A.M. for the past decade or more.)

I slept later than usual, which meant my eating schedule was thrown off, which means the release of MORE stress hormones, so I expected my fasting blood sugar to be somewhat elevated. It was 125, higher than my usual 110 to 115.

For breakfast, I had a leftover piece of chicken (no skin!), mashed potatoes with cheese, some oj/guava juice combo, and a cup of Haagen Dazs ice cream. My post meal blood sugar reading was 125. Yep, exactly the same as the pre-meal reading. That happens quite often, eating the Peat way. On those occasions when the fasting blood sugar is elevated from the stress hormones, the food provides the body with what it needs to bring down the stress hormones and regulates the blood sugar, so I end up with a normal post meal reading which is the same as the fasting number. On some occasions, the post meal reading is even LOWER than the pre meal reading, which never fails to amuse me.

And as I said earlier, the Haagen Dazs seems to be very helpful in controlling the blood sugar. Peat said that milk with some sugar in it would also work. (And cost a lot less!) :-)