Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 09:12
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe_latte
Judy, I've decided when I eat the muffin, which is approximately equivalent to an ounce of nuts, I won't have nuts the rest of the day. Or at least I'll make a big effort not to!

I was reading over on Kaylyn's Kitchen website that nuts are probably one SB snack food she eats too much off! I'll really try to limit my nuts! If occasionally I have a bit more, I won't beat myself up over it. I'm slowly realizing that my perfectionism is what got me into trouble many times over the years. If I wasn't just perfect on a diet, I'd beat myself up and abandon it totally! Crazy! I can't let that happen anymore, no matter what.

OK, I hear ya on the perfectionism.
At the same time, what SB teaches us is portion control especially on calorie dense foods like seeds and nuts. Its a very big lesson that each of us who tend to eat too many nuts needs to learn.

I used to try to keep cashews in my home. A small can would be gone within 24 hours of it coming in here. I live alone so it had to be me but I hardly recall eating them!! I don't bring them home any longer and someitme swill buy a snack size bag when I'm out and about.

Phase I veggies are the only aspect of SB that is unlimited.