#9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-11, 08:14

Plan: Less than 30 grams a day
Stats: 259/241/155 Female 69 inches
BF:Yes
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne2
Welcome and thanks for sharing your story. You sound like a good candidate for success.

I hadn't heard of this Johnny Bowden guy before, but his book looks like it might an interesting one for beginners, as it apparently breaks down and reviews many different lowcarb approaches. Could be useful for people trying to decide which route to take.

I can honestly say that in over a decade of hanging around online lowcarb sites, this is the first 'bleeding kidney' story I've heard. But that must have been terrifying, so congrats on taking another look at lowcarb. Did they ever come up with an alternate theory?

What I found useful in the Bowden book is his explanations of what is happening when we ingest sugar/carbs. It's scientific yet he explains it in a way that anyone can understand using simple analogies at times to explain complex events going on within us.

As for my kidney...I never got an answer that made sense. My urologist at the time even presented my case to a board she was on which dealt with unusual and challenging cases to get their input. Stumped all of them! What caused the bleeding was a burst capillary (possibly more than one) but what stumped them was why did it burst and why did it keep bleeding. It's been 3+ years since the last time it started up so I'm obviously hoping what ever caused it no longer happening and making the changes I've made and are now making can only help ...at least that's the way I look at it.