Old Mon, Jan-24-11, 06:46
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydJ
Everyone has a right to lose weight and feel good about how they look but I'll be honest, it does bother me to hear someone complain about 5 or 10 pounds.

I have around 40-50 pounds to lose and I just stopped discussing my weight problems with friends who weren't really fat. It would bother me to hear a size-4 complain about having a little belly fat (that can't be seen while she is dressed) when I'm looking at a size 14 every morning.

But then I figure that someone with 100 pounds to lose feels the same way about me complaining about my 40lbs.

Although I do have a problem with the whole skinny=beauty culture that we live in, I can't blame people for wanting to lose weight, and good for those who catch their weight issue early - and I well know how easily 40lbs overweight can become 200lbs overweight.

My main issue comes when the person with not a lot of weight to lose calls themselves gross, disgusting, huge, full of blubber etc etc I think they should get a grip on reality, they could have a real weight problem - like me.

Also I've reserved all of those derogatory terms for myself

Lee