#14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-10, 09:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/200/180 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dys
And I still fail miserably. Such is life.

I am male, 42, 6ft 4 and 185lbs. I have been a low carber for a couple of years now. I use my diet to control my weight and I use exercise to create the shape i want to have. I am pretty lean.

I have read quite a bit on the subject and have I feel a good understanding. I also understand that carbohydrates are essential for muscular growth and so tend towards a variation on the anabolic diet which is essentially 5 or 6 days of very low carbs followed a by a single or two day car binge to replenish stocks. This doesn't affect me in any detrimental way although in truth I am not a huge carb fan so I often cruise through without doing that.

I tend to eat sparsely through the day having shakes with an egg, 400 ml of unsweetened soya milk and some sugar free jelly mix for flavouring all mixed together. The evening is meat, eggs etc. I enjoy beetroot and cheese and some onion too.

I take multi-vitamins and multi-minerals each day to keep the balance right. My weekly carb day might simply be fish and chips and some pastries or a meal out with friends where I have pasta etc plus some decent wine.

My exercise consists of free weight work to maximise muscle retention and growth although I am not a muscular guy, more athletically slim would be my description.

I think that pretty much sums that up.

Nice to meet you.

Hello and welcome.

I'd suggest you avoid soya milk and instead drink full fat milk, or almond milk.

http://blog.wholesoystory.com/
Soy alert!

Dangers of Soy
Jimmy Moore Podcast interview of Dr Kaayla Daniel