#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 16:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 322/252/196 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Question Atkins safe diet soda drinks.

Hi guys, I'm into my third week of induction (since I have rather a lot to lose) and was wandering around Sainsburys with a friend and came across the Sainsburys own brand diet drinks range, apparently

All Sainsburys own diet drinks products use Sucralose not aspartame and some of the drinks i.e.

1. Diet Lemonade

Carbonated Water, Lemon Juice from Concentrate (2%), Citric Acid, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrate, Natural Flavourings, Sweetener: Sucralose.

2. Orange Crush

Carbonated Water, Orange Fruit from Concentrate (5%), Citric Acid, Natural Flavourings, Sweetener: Sucralose, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrate, Antioxidant: Ascorbic Acid, Stabilisers: Acacia Gum, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins, Colour: Beta-Carotene.

3. Dandelion and Burdock

Carbonated Water, Barley Malt Extract, Natural Flavourings (including Dandelion and Burdock root extracts), Citric Acid, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrates; Preservative: Potassium Sorbate; Sweetener: Sucralose.

Contains Barley and Gluten.

5. Cream Soda

Carbonated Water, Lactic Acid, Natural Flavourings (including Vanilla Extracts), Sweetener: Sucralose; Preservative: Potassium Sorbate; Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrates; Stabiliser: Quillaia Extract.

Now While I'm aware some of the ingrediants hardly sound natural, I was wondering if these drinks would be suitable or acceptable for Atkins inductors who are desperate for a change in the usual bucketloads of water?

What do you think?
Sponsored Links