#42   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-10, 03:30

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM72
I only joined this site yesterday and found this thread kinda by accident. I have spent today reading through the second-opinion.co.uk website and have just ordered "Trick and Treat"
All I can say is THANK YOU for the referral, if left to my own devices, Barry Groves plan is the one I would follow. I tend to lean towards much fattier foods and I cannot give up my beer (Hahn Super dry too, gotta love Australia!) and red wine.
I've managed to lose 5 kilos s l o w l y doing a high protein, low carb, low fat plan, but it has been hell! I miss my wine and butter and cheese

Anyhoo, thanks again. I look forward to seeing how my weight loss goes on this new program.

Hi RedM72,

If you want to follow the Barry Groves' plan, you really should also get yourself his book, "Natural Health and Weight Loss", which gives more information and explains more of the science behind the low-carb/high-fat way of eating. "Trick and Treat" is a GREAT book, but it is more of a general rant against the medical establishment than specifically just about the LC/HF WOE.

From my own experience, though, I would make sure that you keep your beer intake to a minimum as that tended to generally stall me or result in a half-kilo weight gain a couple of days after a beer-fest. Or stick to wine as your poison of choice. The best thing would be to keep a journal - either here or just in a notebook - where you note what you eat and drink and what effect that has on the scale. A fellow Australian who wrote a post above lost weight whilst still drinking beer, but for me that didn't work. Your mileage may vary, so you need to monitor closely what works for you and what doesn't.

All the best, Barry Rocks!!!

amanda