#13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-26-09, 19:23

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromom
I too indulged yesterday for the holiday. Unfortunately for me the overindulgence did not cause any kind of gastro-intestinal distress. I've been eating this way since 2004. For me this has to be a WOL, and that includes indulging on a holiday.

I do NOT use any excuse to eat high carbs. In fact I am almost religious about following my WOE, but as I said this has to be a lifetime for me and that includes the holiday of Christmas for me and my family.

I enjoyed every second of it, and I'm happy to say I'm back on plan today. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. I also went to the gym and practiced RPM.

This is so much the way I feel about doing lc for life. I'm still in the losing phase, but every year my daughter and I make iced sugar cookies. They're beautiful and tasty and we've been doing it for generations. It's a tradition I will continue. I will have one or two, and then move on, just as I did this year. But, the difference is - I don't see this as an excuse for a carb fest and go all out with every kind of carb available. I see it as one of very few treats I will have all year. I plan the cookie ahead of time, tied to a meal, so it doesn't raise my blood sugar as much as if I ate it by itself.