View Single Post
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 15:51

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Got my D results today!!!

I began taking vitamin D3 almost exactly a year ago. I took 5,000 IUs daily throughout the winter (OK, I missed a few days here and there, but pretty regularly, nonetheless). I stopped taking it quite so often when it finally got sunny here!!! Around May, I guess. Over the summer I only took it sporadically - at doses of around 5,000IUs each time - when the weather was bad or when I didn't get outside much.

As someone who uses a bicycle to get the groceries, I get outdoors a bit more than most people, all year round. I made a special effort this summer to get outdoors over noon and hardly ever used sunscreen - only if I was outside in the sun for a long time.

I started taking it again on a daily basis in October. My D results came out at 61.3ng/ml!!!

And it was the right test, too!!!

I have been taking the "D emulsion forte" made by Biotics, which I get shipped to my address here in Germany from "The Vitamin Service" in the UK. It seems to have done the trick!!!

I have also been taking chelated magnesium since August and really notice the difference in my general calmness, concentration abilities and balance. This may have been helped by the fact that I have been gradually reducing my caffeine intake, too, but whatever the case may be, I am pretty sure the chelated magnesium has had a very positive effect.

One question, though: in a German book I read about vitamin D, the guy said that the sample should be wrapped in foil or covered somehow otherwise the results will be skewed by the exposure of the blood to light. I did mention this to the lady who drew my blood but I have no clue whether she did cover it up.

The thing is, I have never heard anybody else mention this.

What do you D experts think???

amanda