Old Tue, Apr-07-09, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroangie
I am trying not to be depressed, but have been diagnosed with elevated thyroid antibodies. My endocrinologist wants to see me again and do even more tests. I am scared to google it to see what they do. My brother does have Hashimoto's and so I guess this will just be another of several endocrine problems I now have.

I'm really sorry to hear this, but I hope treatment will soon have you on the right path. I have an appointment with an Endo in mid-May, and am looking forward to a specific diagnosis - and treatment - since without that it's all guesswork.

As to what/how to eat - what is working well for me now is following Kwasneiwski's Optimal Diet (you can Google it), which has seriously upped my fat (and thus calories) a lot, upped my carbs a bit, and seriously lowered my protein intake. This has actually broken a 2-year scale weight loss, while accelerating my body fat loss.

I thought trying to eat so much fat (and so little protein) would be hard, but the truth is after I got the hang of it I felt better than ever - great, in fact, with lots more energy. As if this is the way I should have been eating all along. And who can argue with a diet that lets me snack on butter and eat a cloud of whipped cream every day.

With a compromised metabolism my body was struggling to process all that protein, but due to my weight training and increased muscle mass, the fat just seems to go there to be used immediately. This leaves my body with a 'deficit' for its other needs, so my stored body fat is being burned up as well. I'm never hungry, but never feel 'stuffed' either. Kind of like Goldilocks; it's finally just right.

Hang in there - it will get better!

Lisa