#59   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 23:01

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunboy47
What I find amazing is how Martin's ZC diet took him right down to his goal weight and then it just stuck there.... Maybe it isn't just "near religion"..............

One wrong statement though and only a sucker would buy into it... "Carbohydrates are highly addictive"... how dramatic!

I believe refined sugars are somewhat addictive, but like all addictions, it varies from person to person, but to make a blanket statement using the term "highly addictive", is merely highly inaccurate......

My weight fluctuates a bit and it even increased lately (77kg or 173lbs). However, I don't feel or look fatter than I was, so from my perspective the weight increase is probably due to lean tissue growth of some kind.

Addiction is a function of the nature of the substance but also of the dose. Indeed, the nature of the substance could be to force one to increase the dose in order to get the same buzz. Smoking tobacco works this way: Inhaling tobacco progressively becomes more and more difficult. Eating carbohydrate causes insulin resistance which in turn demands more insulin and thus more carbohydrate.