View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 22:53

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Carbohydrate is addictive and that's not a belief. However, that carbohydrate is food is a belief. This belief is maintained by the addictive nature of carbohydrate. So while I believe people who say they suffer when they cut out all carb and eat only meat, I have to consider that they might be addicted to carbohydrate and only eating carbohydrate could relieve their suffering.

The alternative is that carbohydrate is food but then that puts our whole low carb ideology into question. Why do we cut carbohydrate if it's food? If it's food, it should not hurt us no matter the quantity.

I'm doing this debate often these days. I keep reading the same arguments, I keep writing the same arguments as well. I see no end to it because of the fundamental difference. Zero carb is unsustainable for those who believe carbohydrate is food. All the other reasons are merely a result of this fundamental belief.

My opinion might look like near-religious to you PJ. I prefer to see it as the inevitable consequence of irrefutable logic. In other words, I reasoned.

-edit- I think I come across as a little pompous there. Sorry about that. What I mean is that I write with conviction and it probably shows.