View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 00:02

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 271.7/219.7/219 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Whoa, February?! Let's get this updated!

I am still doing Christian Thibadeau's plan. Today was chest and back.

My deadlift was fraught with problems. First, the one end bolt had come out, so things were off balance. Then, I had 210 on the bar when I meant to have 170. I tried 170, and I was able to do the 4 reps, but it felt too heavy. I had to remind myself I'm not doing this to impress anyone, and I need to use weights I can actually handle. Begrudgingly, I took it down to 155. I haven't deadlifted in a long time, so it was a good start.

Back in June, I did something funny to my back doing an extremely sloppy deadlift. After some rest, it was fine, but it made me very aware of how important proper form is. It wasn't the weight that did it, it was definitely the style of lifting. But anyway, it ended up okay.

On with this evening's workout:

deadlifts, 155 lbs. 4 reps
flies, 20 lb. dbs, 4 reps
(superset, then rest)

bent rows, 60 lbs., 8 reps
push-ups with legs elevated, 8 reps
(superset, then rest)

Repeated 5 times.

It was a pretty good workout. My hands hurt from the DLs. The chalk did help, though. I just need to toughen up and get my callouses working again.

Tomorrow I want to do a circuit. I'd really like to get it done before school but I doubt that's realistic. I'm not much of a morning exerciser. We'll see, though.