View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-08, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 348.5/328.4/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 10%

I know the original poster posted this some years ago but since it's still active I thought I'd share a bit as well. My husband and I have been together 6yrs, and no children yet. At first we were being careful NOT to so we just thought we were doing a good job, lol.

But honestly I knew something wasn't right with my body as far back as 15 years ago and the symptoms would just get worse. I was told to take the pill too and that made me a psycho until I got off it...crying jags, irrational mood swings...it was awful. And within a week of getting off the pill I felt like myself again. Unfortunately that was 7 years ago and my pcos symptoms just got worse and worse...one facial hair went from two until now I am tweezing endlessly every day to no avail.

And funny how doctors love to take one look at overweight people and immediately dismiss them with "oh your just fat". Despite the fact that every time I gained most of my weight it was 45-50 pounds in extremely short periods of time.

Well after missing my period for 9 months and gaining 50 pounds in 2 months I found a good gyn and she sent me to an endocrinologist, who incidently also has insulin resistance an p.c.o.s. So she gets it...it's great. And in case anyone wondered she very much said the mood swings are because of it. With my blood sugar out of wack and my hormones as well from it, it would have been more a surprise if I hadn't been depressed, anxious and moody.

So at this point I'm still learning about it, learning to control it right now with eating low carb and making sure I don't eat on the run and cut corners. Hopefully once my weight has dropped down my body will "reset" itself like I have heard has happened for so many others.