View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 08:35

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Well, everything I've ready says the 50,000 iu once a week protocol works well. Once the optimal amount has been reached, the Vit D stays stored for as long as 15 days to pull from when needed.

However, that may not work for everyone...hence the once a week instead of every 15 days. My daughter is on it twice a month and she is going to get her doctor to check her levels before she takes her pill on the 30th to see if it really is lasting 15 days. And who knows what "needs" it's pulled for. Does it matter if your menopausal...a woman...sick..broken bones? I think that would get into more studies than what we have available. Because as usual, why would be pharma do a study taht intense when they can't market sunshine!

Yes, hutchinson, you're correct in that the UK would not meet the same demands as here. But the limited amount we get in food here is not of much use. the only fortified foods that have real amount are dairy and bread products which most people with fibro should probably stay away from.

Everyone must choose for themselves what is the best protocol. If you have a good dr, hopefully they'll help, but as usual we have to be our own advocates.