Mon, Mar-03-08, 09:39
Plan: Seven Deadly Sins (Paleo)
A new one I just created the other day:
Modern Paleo Apple Crumble
(Takes me 20 min to prepare and 20 min to cook)
15 Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
2 Cups of Crushed Pecans
1 Cup of Almond Meal
125g Pitted Prunes
1 Tsp cinnamon
1. Microwave Apples with cloves (I use one per apple) for 20 minutes on high. Stir at the half way mark. Remove cloves once cooked.
2. Blend Prunes in Blender until smooth and sticky.
3. Add Pecans and Almond Mean to Prunes. Blend briefly (helps to loosen Prunes off the edge of the blender) and pour into bowl.
4. Using hands, mix the Pecans, Almond Meal, Prunes and Cinnamon into a crumbly mixture. If too wet, add more Almond Meal. If too dry, add some juice (any fruit juice eg apple). Should stick together if crushed in palm but crumbly if rubbed between fingers.
5. Put apples into base of pie dish.
6. Cover with Nut and Prune Crumble.
7. Cook for 20minutes at 400degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Serve Warm