View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-08, 09:55

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 315/225/200 Male 73
BF:17.6%
Progress: 78%

My wife and I love the Biggest Loser. It's a good motivational tool. I do however wonder about their diet though. It doesn't appear that there is a nutritionist or anyone helping to plan their meals. Wouldn't it make sense to have a cook or someone minding the kitchen. It would be a great addition to the show.

As far as the need to consistently lose...it is a game after all. It just sucks that the big contestant that hits a plateau is usually the odd man out.

I really don't see a problem with losing all that weight within the time they are doing it. There's a lot of stories here on these pages of dramatic weight losses within a short span of time. After weight loss there will always be a challenge to maintain, no matter how you lose it.

At least they are working out and doing a multitude of exercises. I like how they go from the treadmill to boxing to weights, yoga, hikes, etc... I am making an effort to mix up a lot of different things into my own workouts. Yesterday I played racket ball for the first time in years and am so sore today I can barely walk.